Can anyone give me advice on my workman's compensation claim?

by admin on June 27, 2010

I work at a store where I have to stand 90% of the time. Sometimes my feet would hurt or what ever but no big deal, right? I figured it happens to everybody? Anyway over the course of a few weeks I got a lot worse. It started hurting deep down in my bones and there were times it burned so badly I thought I would die. I told my manager, and he told me to write a letter describing the problem. So I did. No one ever got back to me, every time I call someone they tell me to call someone else. I was referred to risk management, and that sounded funny so I mentioned it to my coworker. She told me the same thing happened to her when she got burned, and they said "she knew when she was hired she’s be standing. She should quit."
I’m starting to think I should hire a lawyer. They should have told me a months ago they weren’t going to help me, and this obviously is a work injury. By dragging this out they are causing me much distress. I don’t want free ride. I only want to go to a doctor for my feet. They could have saved so much money by telling me in the first place or just spending a tiny amount to send me to a doctor. I’m not willing to let this go because I’m terrified these injuries could be permanent…or semi-permanent. ANY ADVICE?

Related Blogs


mnwomen June 27, 2010 at 5:28 am

You do not need a lawyer at this point. What you need is to see a doctor and determine exactly what your problem is. If it is work related then you file a Workman’s comp claim. Until you have done this you have no proof that the job is causing the pain. No proof and no case.

Jesse June 27, 2010 at 5:28 am

First, you need to see a doc to determine if you have an injury. Your problem may be fixed by using shoes that have more support. If you have a permanent injury ( as diagnosted by your doctor ) then you can and should proceed with a claim.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: