Claiming wage loss/medical on income tax from personal injury case?

by admin on June 23, 2010

In a motor vehicle accident, I received a settlement for personal injury. Is the portion that is noted as wage loss/medical to be claimed on my income taxes as other income? Is it the full amount and what documents do I attach to support it?

Related Blogs


WealthBuilder June 23, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Compensatory payments are not taxable. The amount for punishment to the defendant is taxable.

sugarbdp1 June 23, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I don’t think you have 2 claim it cause U already paid taxes on this ask your lawyer he’ll know.Good Luck

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: