how long do we have to wait for compensation?

by admin on September 4, 2010

my husband was hurt at work 9 days ago. We filed for industrial at the hospital on the date of injury. husband works for a private (self employed) man who is the HR, owner, CEO all of that. He gave vague info in regards to his policy other then it was a new policy and his figgin premium is going to go up. i spoke with insurance broker who gave little more information, but never got a contact number for ins company. on day 8 I finally got a hold of the company number and spoke with the adjuster, he said he could not accept any claims until he speaks with the boss. today the adjuster called back stating he still could not get the boss to answer. He said he will give him until tomorrow then he will call the insurance broker. The employer expressed to us the other day that hedidn’tt need to call because he gave us his ins info. I know that we could get a lawyer but what is best for my family. We have 2 daughters that need to eat, and bills to pay.what we have saved will only get us so far. If i sure it is aguaranteee that he will lose his job, which he has been at for over 10 yrs. What do i do?

Related Blogs


kay b September 4, 2010 at 4:34 am

talk to a lawyer

margie k September 4, 2010 at 4:34 am

You need to contact your state labor board asap and let them know what’s going on. Your husband’s employer has to have that insurance and has to cooperate under most state laws. I would also contact a lawyer asap as well. The fact that this employer is balking at cooperating means he is going to try to skate on paying.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: