I got a builder to do some building work in a student house i own. During the work a student was injured.?

by admin on September 1, 2010

Now the student wants to make a personal injury claim against the builder. However I do not have the contact details for the builder as he has recently moved house and I cannot locate him. What can i do now, can this case be brought against me? Did I have a duty to keep the builder’s contact details as he was working on a student accomadation. I live in the UK so I am looking for the laws that apply in the UK.


Related Blogs


steveko777 September 1, 2010 at 11:44 pm

This is not good at all.You need to do whatever it takes to get that builders information…otherwise you will shoulder the burden of the claim..Contact your insurance carrier and they will help–they don’t want to have to be the ones paying the claim.

MadMan September 1, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Actually, the student should be suing both you and the builder. You need to be included as you employed the builder. He will work this out very shortly.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: