If I have an injury from a crash,how do I know if its a permanent injury if they refuse me a scan?

by admin on June 2, 2010

I took a blow through the spine and felt as though I was wearing 2 pairs of wet denim jeans that were so heavy they were pulling down my bum.
During the following days, I had sciatica in such a severe way that my brain refused to accept I had a right leg and it just gave way under me.
I still get sciatica in the right leg and bum cheek and know that something in my back was altered- BUT they wouldn’t scan.
I believe they try to hold a compensation claim down and so try to keep everything as guesswork- but using education – surely we know this constitutes a permanent injury as it will affect me in later life ( it always stays).
Am I correct?

Related Blogs


Shiva June 2, 2010 at 7:17 am

They can’t refuse you anything.

Lisa P June 2, 2010 at 7:17 am

Sounds like you may need an attorney. A scan would definately be helpful in determining what is going on but you’re right they’re trying to cut corners for the insurance company. Contact an attorney and make an appointment this may be the only way you get a scan. An attorney will know what to do. Been there done that ,don’t want to wear the t-shirt again.
Good Luck!
Hope this Helps

Sumar N June 2, 2010 at 7:17 am

They cannot "refuse" a scan, if they do you can go to a private business and pay them to do an MRI. Uf you cant, then just threaten them that you will. Same goes for lawyers.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: