Injured at work,unable to collect benefits?

by admin on July 10, 2010

After 16 years at the company,I injured my back on the job.After making an injury claim,everything seemed to be going smoothly.When workmans’ compensation went to verify the social security number I had been using,they used the excuse I was not a U.S. citizen to deny me already approved benfits .I cannot believe the arrogance of those people, after all the years they let me pay and pay,now just because of a number not fitting on one line right on a piece of paper, I get cheated out of a large sum of money I know I deserve.I may never be able to return to work and might require disability payments for the rest of my life and I’m in my 40”s.The reduced weekly pay from the workmans comp would be bad enough and my girlfriend Gretchen is pregnant again,out of work for now.What should I do?
Florida,first baby has another father.

Related Blogs


pooh bear July 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm

You need a workmans comp lawyer, you are entitled to the benefits.

What state are you in?

You say your girlfriend is pregnant, was your first child born in the USA if so you have rights under the "Anchor Baby" law.

M.I.L.F.28 July 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Go back to your own country and find work there.

TigerLilly July 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm

This is exactly why people need to be legal citizens of this country. When you are not legal, and something goes wrong, things get very complicated, and options are few.

FREAKZILLA July 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm

surely you can prove to them you are a legal citizen , if you can’t you got what you deserved

naphtli July 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Yup, you got screwed.

If you had entered the country legally, the government might have given a rat’s ass.

So much for doing things the quick and easy way instead of doing things the right way.

dickn2000 July 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm

What makes you think it was YOU who paid into the company’s workman’s comp fund? The company you work for paid into the fund…NOT YOU! And as for arrogance… as you describe it you were using a bogus, or another person’s social security number… THAT’S ARROGANCE. What should you do now? Since you say you may never be able to work again… why not crawl back to the country you came from, and try to lived off of their dole!!

elperro July 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm

If you have been here for 16 years you would have been given amnesty. So try again with your fake question dude. And this happens to citizens also so get a job that won’t get outsourced.

juan p July 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm

make your girl get a job

heres_what_I_think July 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm

thats what you get for breaking the law pedro

Michael T July 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm


jmidd0505 July 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Is it an honest mistake or are you an illegal alien? If you are here illegally you should not expect compensation. If you are here legallly and it is a mistake with the number you need to get a lawyer.

wheniawoke July 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm

are you legal, if your not, how do you expect to collect benifits, sorry for your injury but you shouldn’t be here, good luck

***BORDER PATROL BROTHER*** July 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm

That wouldn’t happen to an AMERICAN!

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: