What doo you think i should do, please help x CAR CRASH?

by admin on September 11, 2010

hey im 14 years off age and was recently in a car crash with my best mate and her boyfriend or is 19 i was a back seat passenger..

we were driving down a dark road at 60mph on a 60mph road bhut he lost control of the car and cliped a kerb rolling 3 times and smaking of a tree making the car land upside down in the middle of the road. i cant remember most of it as i blacked out bhut remember shouting out my best mates name and her bfs name to see if they were ok bhut got no answer so i thought the worst. there was no way out as it is 1 3 door car so i had to smash the back window with my bare hands and drag my best mate and her bf out the car by this time they were concious i then rang the ambulance.. soon enuf 3 ambulances arived with loads of police all 3 of us had to stay over in hospital bhut my mate and her bf got discharged 7:30 am the next morning and i was in there for 2 nights as i had a cracked hip,internal bleeding as i got riped out of my seatbelt and some more injuries bhut there didnt have any injuries what so ever.

its been a nearly 2 monts since the crash but still suffer from nightmares and flash backs and its really geting me down i can also smell burning tarmac.

i have claimed compensation as my mates bf told me too.

also i have been to my docter and have refered me to a phsicologist.

i have tried so hard to think on the good side and how lucky i was to survive but it just doesnt work .

what do i do from here??


Pleasee Helpp x

Related Blogs


oklatom September 11, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Discuss it with the psychiatrist you were referred to. Keep track of your medical expenses. When you are finally released from treatment, let the insurance company know what your expenses were. You are also entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. Discuss this with your parents also, they are responsible for you since you are under 18, and need to be kept in the loop. If the insurance isn’t treating you fairly, your parents may want to discuss this with an attorney.

Good luck, and get better.

Alex D September 11, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Sounds to me like you need a solicitor to sort your claim for starters. I was in accident 18 months ago, not my fault. I still suffer to a degree with flashbacks and such. The psychologist WILL help you, I didn’t believe all that mumbo jumbo, but it did honestly help me. It is hard to look ahead but I am sure you will get there! I wish you all the best and hope you soon get over it.

jen September 11, 2010 at 11:47 pm

A few years ago while driving home, I witnessed a driver who thought they were being kind by stopping in traffic to let someone turn in from a driveway. The driver didn’t see the big delivery truck that was coming up the middle lane. The truck started to swerve head on into my lane to avoid her and I just missed being hit, but the motorcyclist behind me went down.

I had to find a new way home because I couldn’t drive that way anymore without feeling sick.

After a few months I decided to face that fear, and drove to that area when I knew it would not be busy. Seeing the area clean and free of the damaged vehicles, I knew it was over, back to normal.

Maybe you and your friends should go back to the site of the accident during the daytime. Look around and see how it has gone back to the way it is supposed to be and lay your fears to rest. Check this idea with your psychologist first and best of luck to you.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: