What should I do about my ex employer and their insurance carrier?

by admin on August 24, 2010

I was hurt on the job 12/11/2007, I informed my employer Risk Manager, I called her left messages never return my calls. I finally speak to her six days after I got hurt. and I was the one who call her not the otherway around. In the employee hanbook it is written:The Risk Manager for BV is responsible for administration of all BV Worker’s Compensation claims. In addition, the Risk Manager will aid the employee in coordinating the appropriate medical care.” Despite, Mrs. K. knowledge of my injury at work, she filed the worker compensation after January 17, 2008, she instead filed for disability which was denied. E Risk management which is BV’s insurance carrier sent me a letter acknowledging my injury on February 5, 2008.
My employer and their insurance have done anything in their power to deny Worker comp. benef. deny me disability benef. also deny me the right to go back to work with restric. I had a hearing and the risk manager showed up to hear my answers to the board..whdo I do

Related Blogs


iamct01 August 24, 2010 at 4:36 am

Disability is for if you get hurt outside of work, your employer filed the wrong claim and is at fault. Time for a Lawyer. Now you know how important labor unions are, back before Reagan 70% of the workforce force was in a labor union to day it is more like 15%. Labor unions are democracies in the workplace. We would not need labor unions if employers had the same morals as humans.

americanfreeman August 24, 2010 at 4:36 am

get a workers comp lawyer

and look for a new job you can do. Are you disabled and cannot work? were you just hurt and now fine?
or ???

They have a right to deny the claim. a 100% right

You have a 100% right to challenge that.

A court will have to decide who is right. You will need a doctor who will say you are indeed disabled due to the injury that occerred on that date at work.

You will need some sort of proof that you were actually injured at work.

ibu guru August 24, 2010 at 4:36 am

You urgently need an attorney who specializes in worker’s comp law in your state. You should have gotten one right off the bat. There is so much fraud in worker’s comp and it is so costly that most companies will do anything in their power to prevent WC claims. Each claim raises their insurance rates. Get a lawyer.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: